Saturday, December 03, 2005

The media

I saw KGW's coverage of today's nonsense at 5:30pm. I wasn't impressed. It was nice to see James (Lars' cartoonist) give a statement.

I can't emphasize enough that PCUN has this very well organized. They provided talking points to everyone in attendance. The story was "we need Matricula cards to get back into Mexico." They even had orange vest wearing gestapos outside monitoring their own group to make sure they didn't give any statements to anyone. (I was generally the instigator in starting conversations)

The Oregon Conservative has a great picture of our pro-law abiding group along with me giving a comprehensive statement to KATU. We'll see if they run with it.


The orange vested gestapo's would try to stand between me and anyone who forgot that they weren't supposed to talk to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daniel, I saw the channel 8 news at 5:00. I too was upset that they tried to portray the Matricula card as a way back into Mexico. I have never heard of that one, as I thought you had to have a proper visa or work papers for Mexican residents to be here. A Matricula card might let them out, but they are not going to get back in!

Anonymous said...

were you on the news??...i bet you were upset that you were not....what a loon

Anonymous said...

Becker the reporter is a dope.

Didn't do a bit of homework or he would known that what he was being told was BS.

But then again, KGW wouln't try to feed us with some BS ,,,,would they? hmmmm

Daniel said...

As I stated in my earlier post, these people already voted with their feet. They must think that America is better than Mexico or they wouldn't be here today.