Saturday, June 04, 2005

Political correctness at it's best

Stairway to Nowhere, No Whites Allowed
A high school student who painted an image that kinda sorta looks like a stairway to heaven had to change it after some folks complained about the religious imagery...

Some observant students wonder, however, why no one has complained about a nearby mural depicting the Virgin Mary. It was explained that that painting is about Hispanic heritage, so it's OK.

KGET-TV in California reports that a white social worker who wanted to attend a meeting of the National Association of Black Social Workers was told he was not welcome because of his skin pigment.

"I approached the registration table and was greeted by a very friendly fellow who looked me in the eye and said, 'Are you black?'" said Parnell. "I told him that I'm not and he told me that the conference was only for people who were black and so I wasn't able to register to attend the conference."

Tongue Tied documents instances of political correctness run amok.

No comments: