Friday, July 15, 2005

Another one?!?!?!?!

A couple weeks ago I got a letter in the mail from an optomotrist I see. The letter explained that their office had a break in and computers were stolen. This created the possibility of identity theft and they recommended I put out a fraud alert on my credit report. This was an easy step, you can also get an additional free copy of your credit report this way in addition the the one free report you can get a year.

Today I get another letter, this time from my tax preparer, saying that they had a break-in and identity theft was a possibility and that I should put a fraud alert on my credit report.

Ahhhhh. Is there anywhere that we can be safe? Was this burglary committed by a guy that Multnomah County just released from jail because they would rather fund public art, needle exchange programs, and pay a library director $130,000 a year?

I choose not to live in Portland. I don't even go there if I can help it. I go to the Sherwood branch of this particular tax preparer but it was a Portland office that had the burglary. What I'm saying is, we are all affected by that communist cesspool that we call Portland. I want to have a say in there elections. The electorate that is there is obviously getting nuttier as the normal people wisely move to the "evil suburbs" to get away from that mess.

Many of you have probably heard the saying: A Republican is just a Democrat who's been mugged.

Maybe when Dianne Linn has her identity stolen and has to spend 3 hours a day on the phone with financial institutions, credit bureaus, and government agencies, and then still does not have the issue resolved a year later but the guy who did it is walking the street, maybe, just maybe, we will get a change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better yet, move FURTHER away from Portland. We won't miss you. Promise.

Daniel said...

I think that Portland should be sold to Cuba, fenced off, and then made into the new Gitmo. Hell, a lot of the current Portland residents might enjoy some of those forms of "torture"...