Friday, August 11, 2006

Tales from the DMV

I just came from the DMV and am convinced that they have an affirmative action hiring program for the Unhelpful-Americans.

This is a minority that can't be employed in a service job in the private sector because their tone of voice/facial expressions/general attitude indicate that they would just as soon take a bath with a toaster as they would help you pay for the product or service that you came for.

They frequently wear mumu's...

Long story short, I got a car from California that belonged to my Grandma. I drove it up here on the hottest weekend of the year. All I want to do is register it in Oregon. Unfortunately I don't have the 2006 registration from California. I have a million other pieces of paper and some older registrations but not the '06.

The Unhelpful-American at the DMV told me to go to California and when I expressed some shock at this she offered the helpful remark of "if you want to use the car that is."

Since we enjoy consumer choice in our capitalist system I left and have decided to take my bussiness elsewhere...

I sure can't wait until government is in charge of all healthcare so that I can enjoy dealing with the Unhelpful-Americans with the already very enjoyable medical paperwork issues.

6 comments:

Robin said...

I ran into a similar situation when I bought my motorcycle on eBay from California. In this particular case to the VIN number was wrong by 1 digit. The friendly people at DMV suggested that I contact California DMV who promptly suggested that I bring the motorcycle to them for inspection after they admitted that the error apparently had gone unnoticed for several years. the VIN number returned to a 1987 Honda Civic... the first clue that something was wrong, was that it had two extra wheels.

After making a few phone calls... I finally convinced California DMV to accept a vehicle inspection by the Oregon state police which in turn satisfied Oregon DMV.

Daniel said...

Obviously the California DMV was able to hire someone outside of the Unfriendly-American Affirmative Action Program. (UAAAP)

Actually allowing a paying customer to complete a transaction is against the cultural traditions of the Unfriendly-Americans.

BEAR said...

more than 1 trip through the line = job security for the pers folks.

Scottiebill said...

Daniel: You can bet that if you were an illegal trying to do the same thing, the people at the DMV would give you anything you asked for, plus their first-born kids.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

Anonymous said...

Hеllo aгe uѕіng Wordpress for your site platfоrm?

I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get starteԁ and creatе mу оwn.
Do you nеed any cοԁing expertise to makе your own
blog? Any help woulԁ be greatly appreciated!



Feеl free to surf to my websіte ... green carpet cleaning phoenix