Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Become illegal, get the benefits

I know, this one has been out there for a while but for those of you who haven't read it yet, it's hilarious!

Wanna be an illegal alien?
Dear Senator Sarbanes,
As a native Marylander and excellent customer of the Internal Revenue Service, I am writing to ask for your assistance. I have contacted the Immigration and Naturalization Service in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you.

My reasons for wishing to change my status from U.S. Citizen to illegal alien stem from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted. If my understanding of this bill’s provisions is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, what I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for three of the last five years.

Go to the link to read the rest. Great comments at the end of the piece too!


nek said...

Great idea! Do you suppose Smith or Wyden would assist legal Oregonians achieve such a status so we can have the same privileges given the special folks?

Anonymous said...

If enough documented Americans renounced their citizenship, and started receiving benefits as illegals do, wouldn't that almost force the U.S. into creating and enacting a social health care system?

Anonymous said...


You guys have hit the big time! Portland.indymedia.org, which is a George Soros (I think) funded website, has put you in its crosshairs. Thanks for doing the job Illegals won't do and stay safe out there.

BEAR said...

Mr. Daniel, I will see you soon.

anon said...

Nothing stopping you pussies. Go ahead and renounce your citizenship. It's easy to do, but I bet none of you do it, that would mean putting your money where your mouth is:

A person wishing to renounce his or her U.S. citizenship must voluntarily and with intent to relinquish U.S. citizenship:

1. appear in person before a U.S. consular or diplomatic officer,
2. in a foreign country (normally at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate); and
3. sign an oath of renunciation