County gets tough on illegal workers
Clark County's government is getting strict: hand over real IDs, workers, or your bosses won't get our cash.
The county's biggest contractors will soon be required to verify online that all their employees are legal U.S. workers, under a rule passed by county commissioners Tuesday.
Hundreds of Washington companies have already signed up to use the E-Verify Web site.The publicly funded service allows employers to enter the name and number of any would-be employee, then see whether the two match. The site also displays a photo of the worker.
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office says 97 percent of E-Verify tests so far have turned up valid. The other 3 percent of workers get an automatic appeal period to prove their status.
We don't need "immigration reform." Once we take the simple step of removing the incentives to come here illegaly like available work and taxpayer funded services the criminals will stop coming.
When a convenience store says "there is only $20 in the safe" the instance of robberies go down. E-Verify is an unobtrusive way to make sure we have a legal workforce in this country.
Our rallying cry should be JUST E-VERIFY!