Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Join me on the government list

Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment

Or as I call it: a complete description of how Daniel feels. (Don't worry, I was on the list waaaay before this)

The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by rightwing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement.

Oh... my... goodness... people are buying legal products?!?!?!? I can see how that would be a concern to law enforcement.

Both rightwing extremists and law-abiding citizens share a belief that rising crime rates attributed to a slumping economy make the purchase of legitimate firearms a wise move at this time.

I guess that rightwing extremists are not law-abiding citizens as they are seperated here.

Debates over appropriate immigration levels and enforcement policy generally fall within the realm of protected political speech under the First Amendment, but in some cases, anti immigration or strident pro-enforcement fervor has been directed against specific groups and has the potential to turn violent.

I'm so thankful that debate on this issue "generally" falls within protected speech. I'm not aware of or advocating violence of course but I think that the "specific group" that our anger is being directed at is the group of "illegal aliens" and their politician supporters. Imagine that.

I could keep going but you can read it for yourself and know that this report might as well be titled: Daniel - a profile in what a normal American thinks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Miglavia, Daniel is "normal," politically speaking, just another average American Joe who loves God, baseball and hamburgers.

In the real world where normal citizens actually live, Daniel was among how many nut-jobs who were "beating the drum" for Tancredo in '08? How many was that again, Daniel?

I'm just saying.

Anonymous said...

Even Lars Larson has the guts to admit that he is on the fringe. The caller, who went by "Adrian" asked, given the result of Tuesday's vote, "doesn’t that put you on the fringe?” Larson responded by saying that “it may in fact suggest we are on the fringe”. Daniel, time for right-wingers like you to wake up.

Kaelri said...

"I guess that rightwing extremists are not law-abiding citizens as they are seperated here."That's sort of the point. As long as you're not planning or advocating some kind of violent revolution or protest, you're not the subject of this report.

I also think we can agree that the availability of firearms to violent ideologues with the intent to use them is, at best, a necessary evil.

Robin said...

"The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by rightwing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement."

so with the cutbacks in law enforcement and increased crime, what is a citizen supposed to do to protect themselves?

you already cannot count on the police to be there.

BEAR said...

My CHRISTIAN friends, who also happen to be registered democrats, were appalled to learn that their opposition to murdering babies made them "rightwing extremists," and a threat to janet (the cretin) napolitano.

My MUSLIM friends, who are also opposed to murdering babies (unless they are Jewish or Christian babies), were also horrified to see that they are not only anti-American, islamo-fascist terrorists, but rightwing extremists as well.

Gotta love you idiots on the left!

Eric said...

I guess I'm destined for the list as well. Being sick and tired of the constant garbage, I sent this to my elected representatives. To date, none of them have responsed.

Eric said...

The question I feel I must ask is... Does Anonymous mean "afraid to take a stand?"